Based at our Watford Head Office, the South England Conference is seeking to appoint an experienced full-time secretary.
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate is required to commence with immediate effect. In this varied role, the successful candidate will provide excellent secretarial support in the following areas:
Duties include: Responding to general enquiries from both church members and the public concerning the department and its events, communicating with the ministerial and office workforce, participating and supporting various Conference and departmental led programs, maintaining accurate records and databases, booking of venues for training activities and meetings, processing applications, allocations and payments.
The role will require the following qualifications and skills:
- • Previous experience in working as a secretary, or in office administration
- • GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- • Accurate typing, Word Processing and data base skills are essential
- • Creative and design skills and an eye for detail
- • An empathy with the work, values and ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- • The ability to build strong relationships with members of the public, church members and other work colleagues
- • Flexibility and the willingness to adapt to constantly changing routines as well as the ability to work alone and meet deadlines
- • Being methodical and well organised
- • Experience of responding to queries directly
- • Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters
- • Excellent communication skills
Depending on qualification and relevant experience, salary which includes London Weighting will be in the range of £18,136.00 and £23,550.00 per annum. Applicants are required to have the right to work in the UK and to complete an application form. All successful applicants will be required to have satisfactory medical and Disclosure and Barring Service checks before they can be appointed.
For a job Application Form and Job Description/Person Specification, please telephone Anna McLarty on:
01923 232 728 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice: As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
The South England Conference is an Equal Opportunities Employer.