Lecturer in Accounting
Newbold College of Higher Education is seeking to appoint a lecturer in the Accounting area to expand and enhance its current Business Studies provision within the Department of Business and Humanities. Applications are invited from persons with appropriate qualifications, experience, teaching skills and personal attributes. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their commitment to the ethos of the College. Preference will be given to applicants who would be able to deliver high-quality teaching in other areas of the Business Studies curriculum as well.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach a range of Accounting, Finance and other modules as appropriate and necessary at undergraduate level
- Contribute to the enhancement of the quality and the range of learning opportunities and learning experience within the Business Studies provision
- Demonstrate strong commitment to student academic progression and overall welfare
- Work according to the Expectations of the UK Quality Code for Higher Education
- Liaise with chartered professional bodies in Accounting and Finance such as ACCA to obtain appropriate accreditations for the College
- Liaise with employing organisations to create additional learning opportunities for students
- Take responsibility for the development and administration of programmes and modules as appropriate and necessary
- Keep abreast of professional developments in the area of Accounting
- Engage in research and professional development activities
- Share good practice within the Department of Business and Humanities and across the College
- Contribute to the promotion of the Business Studies degree programme and its provision • Engage in other duties as specified by the head of the department and/or the Senior Leadership Team
The successful applicant will possess most if not all of the following:
- A Master’s degree in the area of Accounting. An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA might be considered.
- Experience of teaching at the undergraduate level and/or in a professional setting in the area of Accounting
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, mentoring and team skills
- Good IT skills
- A demonstrable commitment to the creation of a high quality of student experience in a diverse, multicultural environment
- A demonstrable commitment to research and ongoing professional development.
- A relevant teaching qualification, eg. PGCE for Adult Teaching
- Professional or industry Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Experience of innovative and creative use of online provision
- Interest in the development of other innovative learning and teaching methods and materials
- Experience in programme and module development
- Experience in programme validation and/or institutional accreditation events.
Starting date: September 2018
Salary: As per the denominational salary scale.
A letter of application and CV should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 10 July 2018 Debbie McReynolds, Office Manager, Office of the Principal (email@example.com).
For more information and details of how to apply, please visit www.newbold.ac.uk/about-newbold/employment-opportunities